Department of Mathematics and Statistics
|Department of Mathematics and Statistics
Grinnell, Iowa 50112-1690 USA
|Phone: (641) 269-3304|
Fax: (641) 269-4984
Email: blanchaj "at" grinnell "dot" edu
In search of wellness.
- Noyce Science Center 2516
- The colored time periods blocked out on the following schedule are committed times. Obviously, during office hours you are encouraged to drop by, but you may also drop by during the uncommitted time periods. It is best to make an appointment via email to ensure I will be in my office and to help me plan. A specific period on Thursday is set for appointments, but appointments can also be made during the uncommitted (white) time periods.
Previous Courses @ Utah:
- MATH 5750, Wavelets and Applications, Spring 2009 ,
- MATH 5610, Introduction to Numerical Analysis I, Fall 2008 ,
- MATH 1220, Section 4, Calculus II, Spring 2008
- MATH 1210, Section 5, Calculus I, Fall 2007
Making Good Choices:
- Choosing an advisor is a big deal. Gustav Dirichlet had two advisors: Simeon Poisson and Jean-Baptiste Fourier. Good choices.
- Taking on a student is a big deal. Johann Pfaff had only two students: Carl Gauss and August Mobius. As a result, Pfaff has 55,843 mathematical descendants (or 36% of the mathematicians recorded in the mathematics genealogy project) as of August 18, 2011. Good choices.